- Show Enthusiasm: Personal energy is contagious, and so is the lack of it. No matter what the job, complete it with a sense of urgency.
- Build Optimism: Negativity in the workplace is destructive. Your boss doesn't want to hear what's wrong with a project; he/she wants to hear your suggestions for making it better.
- Be Flexible: You can't survive in business today while resisting change. Show you can handle change by volunteering for a new project or by helping others with change.
- Cooperate: Since companies must do more with fewer resources, teamwork is essential.
- Be Creative: What process can be improved? How can you make things easier for customers? Use your creativity to improve processes, and you will stand out.
Remember if you start cultivating your leadership skills, moving up will be much easier.